Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Go Cycling

I still remember when my parents gifted me my first cycle, it was Hero Ranger, straight bars were quite new into the market and it was the coolest thing that happened to me at that point in time. Fortunately, my father was transferred to a place called Rihand Nagar. This place is in the vicinity of Kaimoor Hills. I easily remember my countless trips to nearby hills, jungle treks on my 'bike'. It was sheer fun. Later, I got my second one Hercules-MTB with 18 gears, this one was out of necessity as I needed to travel 14 kms one way to my college from home. I used to travel the distance in 15-20 mins. with city traffic. I would not think twice to travel to the other part of the city on my cycle, and I was one proud owner of a geared cycle. Life went for a toss after my graduation, it was then only about getting into a good professional college, then later my work... cycling just went missing... and then I just last Friday I asked Geetha about his plans for the weekend and he says cycling! what the heck do u do cycling? and he showed snaps from his last trip to the big banyan tree on Mysore road.. 80 Kms one way! It feels like I was simply not aware about cycles.. and cycling as an outdoor activity.. I need to get into this now! for health, for saving the environment. Way to go! All thanks to Geetha for rediscovering my lost passion for cycling..

No comments: