Monday, June 30, 2008

Books.. books.. books... babalucka books.. books!

In good old days there used to be this tv quiz show hosted by Derek O'brien.. which was so much informative and fun.. I always longed to participate in the same but never knew how at that point in time.. then over time I went round India while I was appearing for various interviews to professional colleges.. which gave me a chance to meet people from all part of the country, long train journeys provided the conducive environment for the leisurely discussions around different concepts.. it was truly enriching.. but here was this guy Manoj Karki, whom I met on my journey to Anand hours later the 'Godhra tragedy' who really sparked the interest in me to read books and also provided an initial list.. upto that point I only used to read new papers and magazines.. he helped me understand that although it is important to remain abreast with the current affairs but then these books give u one concentrated dose of thought.. which is an important exercise to provide diverse flavors to your mind.. here one may find an indicative list of books which changed lives!!

No comments: