Friday, January 14, 2011

Few observations on my blog readers

... ho ho ho the big brother is watching you!! well not really, but yes as a trained statistician and a practicing software engineer I love to observe "things", a collection of things... and try to create an empirical model of their behavior pattern.. a blue print.. and study them to put them into my knowledge stack that may or may not be used immediately.


My findings;
  • It adds to your credibility if you provide references in your write ups at proper places. It only proves that the write has done his/her home work.
  • However, merely providing the hyper-link.. like to learn more read here will not necessary be followed by your reader because
    • that may break his train of thought
    • you might risk to loose your audience
The way I see it is that it would serve the reader as well as the writer by providing the central idea around the hyper-link for the more inquisitive reader to follow without loosing his focus.

My two cents. Get leaner!!

No comments: