Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rampyari ki khoj

What's the big deal, one might ask? Yes, I'm looking for a car and while hunting around I found a wealth of information is available about brands and products available in the market, but one finds zero information about the dealers in the local market.

Market is full of inexperienced, uneducated, incompetent salesmen who are ready grok 'the best' car to you in no time without understanding my needs or expectations. They simply seem to be oblivious about the competition and live a ,monopolistic universe of their own brand, to such an extent that a mere mention about the competition makes them turn blue.

Further, talking to old timers, I realized that your dream car may soon become a nightmare of sorts based upon your service providers, about which you may not have any reliable information. After all any machine needs skilled maintenance and I need some one whom I can trust for the pre-defined level of quality of service in lieu of the amount I spend on the same. The need for rating dealers and service stations is both timely and important.

In the mean while in order to live in the more 'real' world I soon would have to make my choices...

No comments: