Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Karmakshetre, dharmakshetre...

I like watching advertisements, just think about it they have to tell a story and sell a product, they need to be smart enough to capture the mind share and crisp enough to keep the interest high. I may have a bias in favour of Indian advertisements may be because of my cultural proximity... but then the emotional quotient shown up by these ads has truly been of very high order. In the given context Amul ads needs special mention which have always conveyed the current state of affairs with panache.

Also, during my recent visits to Mumbai I came to appreciate Idea's "Yeh Mumbai ka nahin hai" campaign. Earlier they put big hoardings all over the place showing pictures of people with captions like.. 'yeh bengal ki hai mumbai ki nahin', 'yeh punjab ka hai mumbai ka nahin' etc. I had no clue about them.. although this time.. the faces had a different caption 'mera number mumbai ka to mai mumbai ka'.. which reflects the true migrant nature of mumbai and states an apt reply to regionalist opinions.

Hats off to the creativity.

No comments: